Learn about Me
Although human praise for my novels and songs is wonderful to imagine, it can't compare to the prospect of God's "Well done, good and faithful servant" when I reach that day and hour.
In the meanwhile, I rejoice in my belief that God has read my manuscripts numerous times and still gets a kick out of my offbeat sense of humor. I think He enjoys listening to my music, too, even when I feel like giving up on it.
He knows the strengths and weaknesses of everything I create—better than I do, in fact—and yet He keeps blessing me with fresh ideas and permitting me to think of them as mine.
READ an interview on the Special Interview website.
Me in a Nutshell|
- Gentle-spirited servant of God; often with better intentions than follow-through
- Aged seventy-four and thankful to be
- Husband of Kathleen
- Dad to Kristi, father-in-law to Robert, and grandfather to Robert Austin & Aiden Cade
- Step-dad to Mo and Trina; step-grandfather to Jameson
- Active in church choir, praise team, nursing home ministry
- Play guitar and sing original songs wherever I have the chance to
- Write and record Christian songs at home
- Have been on mission trips to Australia, England, Wales, Romania, and Nicaragua
- Former English teacher, job counselor/interviewer, and programmer/analyst
- BA in English/Secondary Education, Frostburg State College (now University)
- Twelve graduate credits from Salisbury State College (now Salisbury University)
- Twenty-four credits in computer programming from Chesapeake College
- Roger is now the publisher of all of his books. He has designed the covers of all of his books except Rosa No-Name, which was done by Ken Raney.
- First ALTERED HEARTS young adult book, Found in Translation, published by Barbour, then taken on by Winged Publications, and now published by Roger
- Second ALTERED HEARTS book, Lost in Dreams, originally published by Barbour, then taken on by Winged Publications and renamed A SEASON OF PEBBLES; now published by Roger
- The previously unpublished two ALTERED HEARTS novels, Overshadowed and The Flowers of His Field, were published by Winged Publications and are now published by Roger
- Roger has also taken over the publication of three quirky teen romances Winged Publications originally published: Project Muffintop, Misfits, and Wherefore Art Thou Ramón.
- Quirky contemporary romances Do I Ever!, Impractically Yours, and Play the Right Game were published by Winged Publications and are now published by Roger
- Satirical speculative novel The Devil & Pastor Gus was released by Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas in 2014 and Roger is now the publisher of
- Roger released Rosa No-Name, the prequel to both Found in Translation and The Flowers of His Field in 2017; it was his first self-published novel and the only one with a professional book cover (Ken Raney)
- Roger published a small book, Yesterday's Blossoms, in 2014 to showcase some short works (poems, plays, etc.); he followed that up with More of Yesterday's Blossoms
- His most recent releases are When Love Won't Wait, What If?, Fifty-Fifty, A Twisted Rainbow, and Angel & the Town Curmudgeon
- He's currently working on Ask Lolita, the whimsical sequel to Angel & the Town Curmudgeon
- Other publications
- Poetry published in three denominational youth magazines and local newspaper
- Dramatic monologues and short plays published in local magazine
- Article published in collection Moments with Billy Graham
- Article published in collection Stupid Moments
- Article published in collection When God Steps In
- Article published in collection God's Provision in Tough Times